:)

:)

Sunday, March 30, 2014

All Things Spring...or more like All Things Tulips

I have been waiting on spring... and not very patiently. Let's be clear, spring is not my favorite season, not by far, but, when you have a winter like we did you crave spring like crazy.

Some of my favorite things that I do love about spring are birds chirping, warmer days, longer days and most importantly flowers blooming! I love flowers. It's kind of weird that I love flowers so much because I am not willing to plant them or get in the yard and do anything with them. But I still love them. I am hoping that one day I will get in the dirt and plant and stay outside with flowers and maybe even vegetables, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I have a huge, completely unreasonable phobia of spiders. Typing the word makes my heart beat faster. I scream if I accidentally see them on TV. I completely lose it and break down and bawl ... pretty much hyperventilate if one is around me. My family frequently saves my life from them and they know if I am screaming for someone to help me that I need them to come kill a spider. I know it is ridiculous. I know I could just squash them easily. I know that I am bigger than them and they are probably scared of me too. All these things that I know? Well, when a creature that has 8 legs and numerous eyes gets near me, these things I know go out the window. I have gotten better as I get older and I hope I continue to get better. I don't plant flowers because the last time I did (which was 10 years ago when I was in high school lol) a spider crawled on me and I almost died. So, since then, no more yard work.

Enter my wonderful and amazing husband. He loves the yard. He spends every second of sunlight in the yard. Sometimes just standing and admiring it. Well, he knows how much I love tulips and how much I wanted some tulips this year. So way back in November he planted me some tulips. Yes, he's wonderful. You can't have him. We weren't sure any would even come up but when I saw those tiny specks of green coming up from the pine straw I completely flipped out I was so excited. Our tulips have been so beautiful this year that I have become border-line obsessed with them. So, in honor of spring and the beautiful weather and new decorations I have tons of pictures for you.
Love my tulips... they are beautiful. :)

 
When they first started coming up we couldn't remember what colors we had picked out, we just knew it was a mixture. These white ones first bloomed yellow and then turned white with purple touches in them. So pretty!

 
They loved the sun and when I got home from work on this day they were all facing the sun. :)

 
Another picture of them following the sun.

 
They were so open!

 
I love this picture because they knew the sun had gone down and it was time to close up and go to bed.  ...see, I told you I was obsessed....

 
When it rained and the sun wasn't out they didn't open. How gorgeous do they look though with the raindrops on them?

 
My favorite picture that I took of them has to be this one.
I just love it.

 
My mom bought me this adorable bunny wreath that I love love love! I wanted to put it on my front door but it was smaller than what we thought and it goes perfectly on my pantry door in my kitchen.
Love!

 
My new door decoration is my pretty spring time bow! This picture just screams spring to me because of the bright pink bow and the tulips in the reflection. :)
 
Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment