:)

:)

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letting Go...of fat :)

Okay, for those who do not know me very well then I will give you a little bit of insight to my personality. I love love love fitness and exercise. I have a subscription to Oxygen magazine, which I absolutely l-o-v-e. I know tons and tons of exercises and the correct form. I know all the ins and outs of losing weight and getting in shape. But! lol Of course there is a but. But, I do not always take part in this knowledge. I definitely do not always work out and exercise like I should and I most certainly do not eat right. Tosca Reno, who I love, says that losing weight is 80% nutrition. And I believe her! But, I'm not good at following her advice. My weakness on the nutrition part is number one, eating out. I love to go out to eat. I like to people watch. :/ My other weakness is sweets. However, I do pretty good about if they are not around I do not eat them.

Another brand, other than oxygen, that I love and trust is The Firm. I have a lot of their videos and whenever I follow them and watch what I eat I always, Always! see results. I bought a new video series from them back in July and planned on getting started after my vacations to Florida and New York. I did just that and I lost 10-12 pounds and inches (not sure how many). I dropped one pants size and loved my new look and lifestyle. Before school started I cooked a lot and froze it so I could take food with me to Alpharetta when I had class. My workouts were on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday with a small mini work out on Sundays. It was definitely manageable and I loved it. Then, I got a sinus infection. I felt terrible and my body just needed a break from everything that I had going on. I took a few days off from work and working out and just plain everything, including school work. When I started feeling normal again I was behind on school work so working out continued to take a back seat and then since I was out of frozen food, cooking took a back seat. I was back to eating crappy food and fast food and never working out. I did really good about not gaining weight (how? I'm not sure?!) until... dun dun dun... the holidays. I weighed this past Wednesday and I had gained 5 pounds. 5 pounds! I told my Mom that I am just one of those people who can gain weight very very easily. Scary.

Anyways, since this upcoming semester is going to be different with me student teaching and not having to drive 4 hours every Monday and Wednesday and not having constant homework and projects and reading and I could go on and on, I am going to get back on my work out/eating right schedule. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm terrified student teaching is going to kick my big ol' behind. But! I also feel that if I keep trying to wait for the perfect time then I will never get to where I want to be. So, my precious BFF Sandra (who is teeny tiny and always eats right) has made me a wonderful meal plan to help get me started. I'm super excited - even though the timing of this makes it sound like a new years resolution but whatever - to get started and see how my body can change and get to where I want to be.

My end goal is to drop one more pants size. I'm not sure what I want the scale to say... but 20 to 30 pounds lighter will be great! I decided to blog about this because I'm not great at keeping up with things, I mean I got sick and completely quit. That's not good. I'm fairly certain at some point in my life I will be sick again. I can not use that as an excuse to eat what I want to eat and let myself go. Ridic! (haha for you sandra) So... I'm going to keep up with my progress via my blog and let you hold me accountable for staying on track and losing weight. Now, no one and I mean no one knows how much I weigh. And it will be staying that way, at least for now but I will definitely let you all know how much I am losing. I hope to have a small weekly goal every week that I can let you know about. With that said my goal this week is to lose 3 pounds. I know that's a lot for one week but I'll try to be hard core and get it done... no worries I will keep you posted. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment