:)

:)

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Moving Forward

so very very true!

I saw this quote on pinterest and it fits my life perfectly. I definitely have a hard time moving forward sometimes and my sister would wholeheartedly agree with this quote. I do too and I probably need to look at this and read it every day.

About an hour ago I saw an old friend of mine. He helped me out with something that I probably could have done if he would have told me where to look for it but he would much rather do it himself than tell me how to do it. And that's fine, that's just him. Anyways, we used to be best friends and we aren't anymore. And to be honest that makes me sad sometimes. Sometimes he drives me so crazy and makes me so mad that I could care less. Ha! Poor thing, he doesn't realize that I get so angry with him sometimes. But sometimes I miss him, I just miss him being someone different in my life. But maybe he just doesn't belong in my future, maybe I don't belong in his. Not because of bad blood just simply because our lives are headed in different directions. Doesn't make it any easier though.

I have 3 couples in my life. My parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and my best friend and her husband. When it all comes down to it they are the only true people in my life. Yes, I have wonderful friends that live other places that I just don't get to see very often but the people who are in my life every day by some form or fashion are those 6 people. They are my family. And I do know and understand that family is more important than anybody else. But I want a family of my own.

I thought I was super close this summer. I met what I thought was the guy God had for me. Ha! I was wrong. And I should have seen it from day one, and if I wasn't so sure that he was a good guy then I would have. I definitely have to listen to the clear "red flags" that are always waving bright red right in front of my face. I have this mental picture of the flag right there and I'm just swatting at it, like a fly or mosquito in my face. Obviously, I need to not swat the flag away.

As much as I want to have my own family and my own person in my life, I need to just wait. Wait for God to set his plan in motion for that aspect of my life. Because if I didn't know that He is the one in charge of my life, then the very subtle (joke) way he closed the door of what I believed my dreams to be would be the proof. So while I'm waiting for Him to show me the next chapter in my life, I'm going to try and let the people who aren't supposed to be in my future go. Whether they are wonderful people or just plain crappy people, maybe when I leave certain people in my past then more of my future can start. It's not easy being patient but I know without a doubt it will be well worth the wait.

3 comments:

  1. I better be a future person or I'm going to stalk you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and double love the quote!!! Yay for moving forward... without certain people! (Except for sure not Lauren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world Anna!

    This is a hard life lesson that I think we all have endured in one way or another. It's a difficult thing to realize some people do not need to be in your life anymore even though they might have had an impact on your life.

    You just keep your head up. You are a nice, good hearted, beautiful girl and I will enjoy having another blog to read!! Merry Christmas Anna!

    ReplyDelete